-
Two computers, one ip, one port.
Well, the thread subject basically says it all.
I have a router that routes my internet connection to my linux server and my winxp desktop.
From school, the only port that's open is port 25, so it's the only way i can connect to my home computer. Right now, I set up my router to forward port 25 to my desktop's Remote Desktop Connection, and i can connect from there.
The problem is, I'd like to share that port with linux, so I can also SSH into the computer remotely. It'd be much simpler sometimes, and a lot faster, than RDC'ing in to my desktop.
I know there's no way to do what I mentioned with ONE ip, but I also have about 5 domains pointing to my IP by using free dns records (they're not subdomains, they're domains using free dynamic dns records).
I know apache is able to understand what domain the request is coming from, but is there a way to make it so if I request information from domainX.com I'd connect to my home computer, and if i connect from domainY.com, i'd SSH into my server?
(Maybe some kind of port forwarding in the linux box)
Thank you very much, and if there IS an answer, try making it easy to understand, I'm kind of a noob at linux.
Thank you again.
Hernan
Similar Threads
-
By ku637 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-06-2006, 08:26 AM
-
By sandgroper in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2006, 01:36 PM
-
By smileeb in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-15-2005, 05:48 AM
-
By kn2user in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 06:43 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Networking
Replies: 43
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 05:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99