-
Re: output of commands

Originally Posted by
minghai
Hi Grant,
Thanks so much for helping me with this. Below is the output of lsusb and lspci. To answer your questions, I ran iwconfig as root but I ran ndiswrapper from the menu so I guess its as a regular user. Should I have run from a command prompt as root "ndiswrapper -i /mnt/hda1/Linksys/Driver/xxxx.inf"?
It doesn't say anything on the unit itself but from the fact that its v2.8, I believe it is a Atmel chipset.
And there are no spaces in the names of the directories where the .inf files are located.
It'd be really nice if I could get this to work then I'll jump from Mepis to Knoppix (or Kanotix) and get the Knoppix Hacks book and start playing around more. Thanks again!
Ming Hai
Ah, what version of Mepis are you using; and what method? If you are using ndiswrapper in Mepis, the same proceedure should work in Knoppix. I used what I learnt from Knoppix to get Mepis going
And now I basically use Mepis because the HD install was/is easy.
I do not know whether you need to run ndiswrapper as root or not; but I would. GNU/Linux logic suggests that this type of thing would be for admins ... Anyway it cannot hurt to give it a try and see what happens.
Let me know what happens, and we'll take it from there. I am confident that we can get it working. Eventually ... 
Cheers,
Grant D. Vallance
Similar Threads
-
By w--w in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-14-2006, 10:43 AM
-
By cdgeorge in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2005, 12:32 AM
-
By tsugua in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 04:18 AM
-
By Tankerkevo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-15-2004, 06:37 PM
-
By jeff_20_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-01-2003, 03:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99