It seems normal to me that you have only read rights for your cd-rom.
Thats a "Compact Disc - Read Only Memory" device.![]()
After remaster (I uninstalled some apps, installed others, but I didn't touch the startup scripts), /cdrom and /mnt/auto/cdrom have only read rights, which is of course bad.
Anyone has any idea what could have happen?
My remaster is based on v3.7-PcWelt, the bootdisk is identical with the original, yet...
It seems normal to me that you have only read rights for your cd-rom.
Thats a "Compact Disc - Read Only Memory" device.![]()
I said only read rights, as opposed to the unix RWX, not as opposed to write. The original Knoppix CD has 555 (R-XR-XR-X), so all the files can be accesed. My remaster has 444 (R--R--R--), so it will not allow me to acces any of the files (no X on the directoryes means I can'd cd into it).
I'm stuck(

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99