-
Loadlin and Knoppix 3.7?
Hi,
I've got an old notebook computer that I want to run Knoppix 3.7 on. Problem is that it's old bios won't allow boot from CD, and it's designed so a single bay is shared by a floppy drive or CD-ROM. Also, the drives are not hot-swappable, so I have to power down to swap drives.
Can I use loadlin.exe to run Knoppix from the CD? That way I can boot Windows 95 with the CD-ROM installed, then exit to DOS and launch Knoppix through loadlin.exe.
If this is possible, please give me the -exact- command line as I'm a real Linix newbie.
Thanks!
Paul
P.S. - Incidently, I tried "Smart Boot Manager" and for some wierd reason it doesn't work on my system.
Similar Threads
-
By onemyndseye in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2007, 10:23 AM
-
By y23 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-12-2005, 09:09 PM
-
By Kumagoro in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 08:54 PM
-
By mack in forum General Support
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-09-2003, 01:11 AM
-
By subarus in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM 01YM308 Storwize V7000 G3 for 2076-724 Internal Storage System Control Node
$749.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99