-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Loadlin and Knoppix 3.7?

Originally Posted by
bigkahuna
I've tried running SBM from hard drive or floppy and all I get is "SBMK Bad!".......
And I get this error:
SBMK Bad!
I'm not clear just when you get this error. If is as you try to boot the SBM floppy, with no chance to interact with it before this happens? Or at some other point?

Originally Posted by
bigkahuna
I have the two files (sbminst.exe and cwsdpmi.exe) in a separate directory
( c:\temp ) and I tried installing to the floppy drive with this command
line:
sbminst -t us -d 0 -b sbm-bak.dat
It appears to install correctly, but the program will not run. I tried
installing to a bootable floppy disk, and I still get the "SBMK Bad!" error.
I also tried creating a Linux disk, and still get this error.
I made mine without even having the cwsdpmi.exe file. I doubt if this is the issue, but you might want to try without it. I also made my SBM floppy without using the -b switch. Actually this switch makes little or no sense when making a floppy anyway, as you don't install it to a bootable floppy (just a cleanly formatted floppy), and you would never use such a file to recover the MBR of a floppy anyway, you would just reformat it. My SBM floppy boots everything I try it on. You might want to try again without cwsdpmi.exe present, and without the -b option, just sbminst -t us -d 0, and just to be safe using a different floppy disk.
Making a backup file might make sense with a hard drive install, but when I installed SBM to the hard drive MBR on my test bed system I didn't bother with that either, I just installed it. I figure I can always put back a simple MBR with fdisk is the need arrises, but it never has.
Similar Threads
-
By onemyndseye in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2007, 10:23 AM
-
By y23 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-12-2005, 09:09 PM
-
By Kumagoro in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 08:54 PM
-
By mack in forum General Support
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-09-2003, 01:11 AM
-
By subarus in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

Mini Cordless Electric Keyboard Car Vacuum Cleaner Cleaning Duster Rechargeable
$9.97

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

WeePro Compressed Air Duster 180000RPM Cordless Mini Turbo Fan, 3-Speed Vacuum
$149.99