Quote Originally Posted by taloner
now what I need to do is enable boot splash. By the way, I little correction. My work is based on knoppix as in I am using the knoppix idea but the distro is being prepared by debootstraping. Is there an option for adding a custom bootsplashed kernel. ?? or any place where such binary might be available.??

Regards
I couldn't understand what do you mean by bootsplashed kernel. But if you are using KNOPPIX 3.3 or higher there is a cheatcode "splash" that can be passed to the kernel while booting to display the splash screen. (It uses the "splash_top.png" file used by ksplash stored in /usr/share/apps/ksplash/pics/).

But if you are trying to add a kernel with progress patch (as is being done with Mandrake or other popular distros) then you need to recompile the kernel or with proper patch, which is being discussed on many other posts.