-
How to let Knoppix 3.7-HDD autoconfigure changed devices?
Thanks to Knoppix, I became re-motivated to experiment with Linux since I gave up early attempts years ago.
Meanwhile I installed Asterisk a.s.o. and found that Knoppix is a perfect environment for this, especially one
is a Linux beginner
Today, I have one itching question and hope some of the experts out here could solve this:
- during installation, found hardware was written into /etc/modules.
Switching the hdd from one PC to the other therefore results in problems.
Refering to /etc/modules is nice in terms of speeding up the bootup process, but
- how could I switch back to "autoconfigure" like the CD does, so I am more flexible?
or
alternatively, how could I force the autoconfig thru a lilo append command, so if you just switched
to a new PC, I would run autoconfig once and have the modules.conf rewritten?
Thanks for your suggestions.
Rob
Similar Threads
-
By cezar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-26-2007, 12:59 PM
-
By mkklavz in forum Networking
Replies: 15
Last Post: 10-01-2006, 03:04 PM
-
By tommydl in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 08:30 AM
-
By deerwood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-18-2003, 05:25 AM
-
By robrink in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-08-2003, 05:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage 1988 NOS IBM 3.5 inch diskettes Operating System 4.00
$46.99

Vintage GF2MX40064SAGP PNY GeForce-2 MX400 64MB VGA/ AGP Video Graphics Card
$79.98

Vintage Radio Shack TRS-80 5.25" Floppy Disk Lot of 9 Single Sided Used
$49.99

Vintage Schlesinger 17" Leather Briefcase Classic Flap Whiskey Brown Attache EUC
$99.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61