-
Extracting to Floppy Disk
Up until now I have only booted Knoppix for a very brief explore of Linux.
I am using CD 3.3 to look at an (old) Win98SE configuration.
Win98 won't start, but I can view the hard disks with Knoppix.
There are some files I would like to retrieve from the drives. The only option I have is to copy them to the floppy drive, but I can't get to it withing Knoppix.
On the desktop I have all the drives showing - floppy disk, CD-Rom, hard disk partitions.
I can view the contents of the drives OK.
However, when I put a floppy in the drive and attempt to format it, the system says '/mnt/floopy not found' or something very similar.
Help, please.
Echo
Similar Threads
-
By linuxman in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-10-2005, 11:47 PM
-
By bsa2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-19-2005, 06:47 AM
-
By brunomfpaula in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-12-2005, 11:51 PM
-
By Jakykong in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-23-2004, 08:09 PM
-
By Spyder_Snyper in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-02-2003, 08:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99