Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Try to delete File (virus/trojan) from NTFS HDD

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1

    Try to delete File (virus/trojan) from NTFS HDD

    Hi!

    I got Knoppix 3.7 and tried to solve a problem I got with a virus/trojan.

    In Temp Internet Files (win) dir exists a trojan I cannot delete. Everytime I try to get access to this Dir my Win 2000 Pro Computer reports errors and my explorer is shutting down.

    I tried all the antivirus Software I got, even in secure mod, nothing, that damn thing is only reported.

    Now I want to access my NTFS partition with knoppix to delete the infected files, but I don't get it.

    When I try to start captive NTFS I cannot find the ntfs.sys and the ntoskrnl.exe, i copied them to my HDA1 but captive doesn't find them...

    Is there any manual for this helping a Linux newbie, or can anyone help me?
    Greetz

    Rumburak...

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    london town
    Posts
    220
    have you tryed booting in safe mode and deleteing it?

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix KN00B wants to delete a file to big for trash/IMG
    By WolvenSpectre in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 09:14 AM
  2. Can Knoppix delete a Windoze file?
    By Israel in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 06:14 AM
  3. can't delete file off of the HD
    By david0mp in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-15-2004, 01:25 AM
  4. Delete files from NTFS drive
    By hebo in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 12:22 PM
  5. Message comes up that I cannot delete file
    By anton26 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 06:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$49.99



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99