I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, but there is a customised Knoppix called Cluster Knoppix that you might like to investigate.
See
http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/
Regards,
Mark
I'm trying to cluster my computers but it says network not initialized also i changed the root password but in the system admin part the password doesn't work and my user id is 1000 while i need user id to be 0 to get full access how do i do that?
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, but there is a customised Knoppix called Cluster Knoppix that you might like to investigate.
See
http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/
Regards,
Mark
yea i have cluster knoppix but iono wat to do cuz when i do tyd -f init it says unable to initialize server
What kind of cluster are you setting up: Beowulf, openMOSIX or jCluster?
I've used MOSIX before (QUANTIAN based on clusterKNOPPIX), but I never got a decent compiler to work with it. I could only run pre-compiled apps designed for MOSIX, such as Kandel.
I'd like to write my own code to run in parallel so I'm looking into jClusters. Take a look at
http://www.buyya.com
http://www.ipd.uka.de/JavaParty
http://freshmeat.net/projects/jcluster
http://www.srg.csis.hku.hk/homepage/srg/jessica.htm
My students are learning java now, so writing code for a cluster in java would be great! The idea behind a jCluster is to use an existing Linux TCP/IP LAN and the networking libraries in standard java jdk write and run clustered apps without the need for a specialized kernel such as MOSIX (and Beowulf?).
Regards,
AJG
started the start script of openmosix?
if not do
/etc/init.d openmosix start
then you should be able to start the cluster and/or the gui
Just wondering if anyone is actually doing something with their cluster....
TIA,
AJG

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Grandstream HT801 v2 Single Port Analog Telephone Adapter
$33.50
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Viking K1700IP VoIP Entry Phone Stainless Steel Keypad
$460.00
Ubiquiti UniFi Talk UVP-Touch VoIP IP Phone PoE Touchscreen Tested Reset
$64.99
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95