It should be in /usr/share/apps/ksplash/themes/Default
Hello,
I tryed to customize Knoppix KDE Loading Splash screen.
The image file is located under /usr/share/apps/ksplash/pics/splash_top.png
but the actual file name is splash_top.png.distrib
So i resized the image to the same size in Gimp and saved it as a png
and after i renamed it using mv command to splash_top.png.distrib
but after creating a CD there was a default picture.
What have i done wrong?
Thanks
Nikolay
It should be in /usr/share/apps/ksplash/themes/Default
Ohh yeah.
Now found
Thanks a lot.
Nikolay
hmm still no luck this time I changed pictures located
/usr/share/apps/ksplash/pics/splash_top.png.distrib
and
/usr/share/apps/ksplash/pics/Themes/Default/splash_top.png.distrib
and now while loading it just gives a blue picture.
I think maybe the problem is in the file
cause i converted splash_top.png into splash_top.png.distrib using mv command
mv splash_top.png splash_top.png.distrib
maybe i should use something else?
Nikolay
Hi,Originally Posted by Nikolay
The actual image is "splash_top.png" not "splash_top.png.distrib". You can verify by clicking the images in konquerer. Modify the image "splash_top.png" or create a new one with the same name to get your own splash screen. I've done it successfully in my project.
Good Luck!!!
Ahh Alright Thanks, I was confused with the pictures cause in a pics folder the knoppix picture was the one with .distrib but it is different in /Themes/Default where the picture is just .png.
Thanks
Nikolay

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00
Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00
Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89