-
Knoppix Hd İnstall Problem( Full screen L99 )
Hi Everbody,
I have a problem upsetting me for a while. I'm trying to install a quantian CD(a scientific version of Knoppix) on a hard disk.
I get an error message saying:
"Scandir: No such device or address"
It floats on the screen when I run a shell window(ctrl+alt+f1). Anyway, I can get over it by changing to root shell(ctrl+alt+f3). I run cfdisk and install the quantian cd( based on version 3.6 Knoppix). Everything goes fine until through the end of install. I get a message
" Fatal: open /usr/share/lilo/contrib/debian.bmp"
on the terminal screen and the install finishes succesfully.
When I reboot the computer, I get a full screen of L99. I tried the CD in different computer. It didn't work either.
(I used both knx2hd and knoppix-install scripts. No luck)
Strangely, I tried a version of Knoppix 3.2 on both computers, it worked. I can't solve the problem. Any idea?
thanks,
Similar Threads
-
By PlantPerson in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-21-2006, 06:21 PM
-
By l_zuly in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-02-2005, 04:35 AM
-
By Incognito in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-12-2005, 04:55 PM
-
By JMichael in forum Laptops
Replies: 24
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 08:11 AM
-
By freekvw in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-30-2003, 03:06 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Switch Lite 8 PoE
$65.00

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99