Hi Everbody,
I have a problem upsetting me for a while. I'm trying to install a quantian CD(a scientific version of Knoppix) on a hard disk.
I get an error message saying:
"Scandir: No such device or address"
It floats on the screen when I run a shell window(ctrl+alt+f1). Anyway, I can get over it by changing to root shell(ctrl+alt+f3). I run cfdisk and install the quantian cd( based on version 3.6 Knoppix). Everything goes fine until through the end of install. I get a message
" Fatal: open /usr/share/lilo/contrib/debian.bmp"
on the terminal screen and the install finishes succesfully.
When I reboot the computer, I get a full screen of L99. I tried the CD in different computer. It didn't work either.
(I used both knx2hd and knoppix-install scripts. No luck)
Strangely, I tried a version of Knoppix 3.2 on both computers, it worked. I can't solve the problem. Any idea?
thanks,

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99