Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: install HDD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1

    install HDD

    pc laptop toshiba satellite hdd 30Go proc celeron mobile ram 256 mo 2 windows partitions win XP 11Go unused
    not knowing much in system I've trying with the help of a book knoppix 3.3 to install knoppix 3.7
    first I used "cfkisk" to partition the 11Go spare space 1 swap 1 part for system and 1 part for home
    after that I have edited file .knoppix to add my partition /home which had been formatted
    instal had gone smartly pc rebooted and tried to start kde session that's where problems started

    err mess (partly in french sorry I'm a froggy) :
    un probleme est survenu pendant l'etablissement des communications inter-processus pour Kde. Le message renvoye par le systeme est :

    //.DCOPserver_montosh_0

    Veuillez verifier que le programme "dcopserver" fonctionne clic on "ok", new message

    la configuration ne sera pas enregistree, impossible d'ecrire dans le fichier de configuration
    //.KDE/share/config/kwinrc
    impossible d'ecrire dans le fichier de configuration
    //.kde/share/config/kdeglobals

    if I log as root it'ok

    i try to reinstall whithout any modifications just using qtpart for creating partitions I had the same problem

    what can I do

    thks for ur help

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: install HDD

    Quote Originally Posted by legascon
    ....
    after that I have edited file .knoppix to add my partition /home which had been formatted...
    I don't understand this part? What exactly did you edit? I think to add a separate /home partition you must edit the file /etc/fstab.

    Try the install without using the separate /home partition & see if it goes OK.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly

$18.95



Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U picture

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U

$159.99



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on picture

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on

$255.00



Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED  picture

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED

$67.76



Atari 800 130XE 65XE Color S-Video, Composite Video & Audio Cable Tested picture

Atari 800 130XE 65XE Color S-Video, Composite Video & Audio Cable Tested

$29.78



Atari 1040 STF Computer - Working picture

Atari 1040 STF Computer - Working

$699.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ picture

Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ

$270.00