Hi all...My system works fine, I just have one small question:
How do I set LILO to where if I don't select anything when I boot up my machine, it will automatically load windows?
Hi all...My system works fine, I just have one small question:
How do I set LILO to where if I don't select anything when I boot up my machine, it will automatically load windows?
Edit lilo.conf file to set the default os to whatever you want. Look for these lines in the file and make sure they match each other. Run lilo after you save by typing lilo at konsole. Example for my XP to be default I match the default name to the label name.
default="WindowsXP"
other=/dev/hda2
label="WindowsXP"
table=/dev/hda
the lines below prompts you to select and starts the default after 5 seconds
Code:#compact # faster, but won't work on all systems. prompt timeout = 50 # <-- this line gives me 5 seconds to select os with arrowkeys. # VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x64k vga = 791
Thanks, guys!

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$481.27
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C
$302.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$17.99