kpgp Might be what your looking for.
(I think thats the name)
Hi,
I would like to find an Knoppix app which would allow me to encrypt an subdirectory, preferably with the "regular" Knoppix or, alternatively, with Knoppix-STD. I would prefer a CLI app which would allow me to decrypt before storing data and reincrypt when I am done working. A one-way key would be ideal.
Could anyone point me to such an application?
Many thanks!
kpgp Might be what your looking for.
(I think thats the name)
For truly security minded installation, I would suggest :
1. use cryptoloop or dm-crypt on top of a block device that is for private stuff
2. the same as (1) for swap device
3. mount /tmp to tmpfs
4. use the secured swap device for swap
5. mount a secured block device for private stuff(can even put the whole /home)
Then, it would be very much secure as one doesn't need to worry about encrypt/decrypt any more for intermediate process, just do it once on boot up.
Of course, make sure no one insert some trojan(like key logger etc. which will render any security measure defendless) into your system.
it does not seem to come with Knoppix (at least it is not mentioned in "Knoppix Hacks"). nor did I find it on the Knoppix-STD webiste (see http://www.knoppix-std.org/tools.html).Originally Posted by firebyrd10
Where do I find it?
Thanks!
Am I am right, that the cryptoloop device was in an older knoppix (3.3?), but not any more (since 3.4?)?
BTW: To have extra security against keylogger, you can copy/paste single characters from existing text. This is, what I always do in public internet shops.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 5 16IRL8 16in Core i5 8GB 512GB SSD Win11 Blue
$240.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00
Lenovo ThinkCentre M720Q Core i5-8500T 2.10GHz 8GB 128GB SDD W11 Mini PC (Z3675)
$123.16
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Cores 8MB Up to 4.9GHz Desktop Processor 100-100000059WOF
$350.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99
Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 Laptop 14" 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected]
$249.00