-
Which 802.11g card is autodetected by Knoppix?
Hi,
in our university we are often demonstrating Knoppix.
It really amazes the people how everything is autodetected handsfree.
Now that we want to buy 802.11g WiFi cards, I am wondering which card is best (or possible) for autodetection in Knoppix...
Anybody can testify how his/her card works autodetected and autoconfigured?
Thanks
Frederik Questier
http://questier.com
-
From what i've read, G is unsupported on linux - but I've spent the past 2 weeks trying to find some post somewhere on the net that says "Go to CompUSA and buy <brand/model# card> and Knoppix will recognize it!", unfortunately I've only found posts saying "The old version of such n such card that is no longer available in stores works great". If someone can tell me which USB/PCI wireless adapter works great with no BS I would greatly appreciate it. I tried Linspire for a few days and my WUSB11 v2.6 USB adapter worked without any pains and hassles, but I dislike Linspire.
Thanks guys!
-
Are there still no 802.11g cards available that can be autodetected by Knoppix?
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
fquestie
Are there still no 802.11g cards available that can be autodetected by Knoppix?
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/
-
dunno if this helps, but Knoppix 3.7 recognized my card without too much difficulty - Netgear WG511T, which supports b and g. I'm not sure the g is working, but at least I have wireless!
Similar Threads
-
By supermal in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2005, 02:23 PM
-
By bsaber in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-01-2005, 05:43 PM
-
By computerman0216 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 11:25 PM
-
By Emrys in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 04:13 AM
-
By hazenmeek in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2003, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box
$100.00

Sealed Original Vintage APPLE MACINTOSH Rainbow Logo Stickers - 4" & 2"- 5 Each
$79.99

Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim
$125.00

Vintage RARE 1980s Apple Computer Logo Frisbee. Great shape, w/ the usual nicks
$220.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99