Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How do you pronounce Knoppix?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    23

    How do you pronounce Knoppix?

    Alas, I know barely anyone else who uses Linux, (striving for converts but no luck yet) and when I do meet someone I occasionally end up making a fool of myself because I don't say things right. So how do you pronounce Knoppix?

    no pics?
    cano pics?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: How do you pronounce Knoppix?

    Quote Originally Posted by gretchen
    Alas, I know barely anyone else who uses Linux, (striving for converts but no luck yet) and when I do meet someone I occasionally end up making a fool of myself because I don't say things right. So how do you pronounce Knoppix?

    no pics?
    cano pics?
    I read from one of Klaus' posts over at LinuxTag that it is pronounced with a hard k so your second suggestion should be right. To be honest though I never use this pronunciation. No one pronouncs linux the way that it is supposed to be pronounced so I'm not too worried about it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    23
    Ahh, but I had long involved verbal battles with people about L in ucks or Lie nucks.....

    People here have too much time on their hands. I resolved it by looking up the sound byte that has Linux Torvalds saying how he pronouces it. (Also used in sndconfig)

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Findlay, Ohio
    Posts
    3

    Kno[ppix with a K

    Hi Gretchen

    I asked my German speaking mother-in-law this question 2 weeks ago. She said to pronounce the K. That's the way the Germans in the Elgin, Tx area do!

    Hobby_1

Similar Threads

  1. how do you pronounce KNOPPIX?
    By newknoppixguy in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 06:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



WD Purple Pro 10TB Surveillance Internal Hard Drive 3.5

WD Purple Pro 10TB Surveillance Internal Hard Drive 3.5" SATA WD102PURP -

$270.00



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



HDD 3.5

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy

$35.00



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59