Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How do you pronounce Knoppix?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    23

    How do you pronounce Knoppix?

    Alas, I know barely anyone else who uses Linux, (striving for converts but no luck yet) and when I do meet someone I occasionally end up making a fool of myself because I don't say things right. So how do you pronounce Knoppix?

    no pics?
    cano pics?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: How do you pronounce Knoppix?

    Quote Originally Posted by gretchen
    Alas, I know barely anyone else who uses Linux, (striving for converts but no luck yet) and when I do meet someone I occasionally end up making a fool of myself because I don't say things right. So how do you pronounce Knoppix?

    no pics?
    cano pics?
    I read from one of Klaus' posts over at LinuxTag that it is pronounced with a hard k so your second suggestion should be right. To be honest though I never use this pronunciation. No one pronouncs linux the way that it is supposed to be pronounced so I'm not too worried about it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    23
    Ahh, but I had long involved verbal battles with people about L in ucks or Lie nucks.....

    People here have too much time on their hands. I resolved it by looking up the sound byte that has Linux Torvalds saying how he pronouces it. (Also used in sndconfig)

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Findlay, Ohio
    Posts
    3

    Kno[ppix with a K

    Hi Gretchen

    I asked my German speaking mother-in-law this question 2 weeks ago. She said to pronounce the K. That's the way the Germans in the Elgin, Tx area do!

    Hobby_1

Similar Threads

  1. how do you pronounce KNOPPIX?
    By newknoppixguy in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 06:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI picture

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI

$144.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...

$749.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...

$379.99



Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader

$571.00



Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14

Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI

$249.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" FHD Touchscreen i5-1145G7 16GB RAM 256GB SSD

$249.99