-
Junior Member
registered user
Help me, I'm chicken
Today I resolved to install linux on my WinXP computer, so I put in the knoppix disk and open up qtparted (using knoppix 3.7 with qtparted 0.4.4). After doing a resize on my Windows partition but before clickng "commit" and ACTUALLY resizing it, I saw the bar for my windows partition turned all red and said used space was "N/A." At this point I was totally horrified and hit undo. I've defragmented and verified there's no data on the tail end of my drive where I'd be putting the partition. However, I'm horrified about losing data. Will I lose any? Also, there are 2 partitions on my drive, so I'll have to make an extended partition to put linux on. How do I do this with qtparted? Thanks in advance.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00