Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Knopix 3.7 and WPC-54g v.2

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5

    Knopix 3.7 and WPC-54g v.2

    I nedd very detailed step by step instructions on how to get a version 2 wpc-54g wifi card going with knoppix 3.7. I tried using ndis wrapper and I put the driver in and it installs it but then it says something about the device not being present. Has anyone done this? What do I need to do?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5
    I returned that card and got a d-link dwl-g630. Has anyone used that card?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    http://www.support.dlink.com/faq/vie...question=linux says no open source drivers.
    You will need to use either http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/ or http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/.
    I hope this helps.
    James

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5
    If I went out and returned this card what should I get? My only real optoins are the newer cards from netgear, dlink, and linksys. That is all they have at bestbuy.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5
    I got a netgear wg511. ). I followed the instructions on the prism54 site as best as I could (the recompiling the kernel confused me. Do you go to /boot/config-kernel-2.6.9 then edit in there what you need to edit and just save it or what?). It still doesn't recognize my card though. If I type ifconfig eth0 it says error fetching interface information: device not found. If I type dmesg it says (among other things) lp: driver loaded but no devices found. Any body got any Ideas?

Similar Threads

  1. Knopix 4 and Grub
    By justauser in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 12:52 PM
  2. knopix + screenshots
    By xalia in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 06:54 PM
  3. No OO in Knopix 3.3
    By dstarke in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 05:01 AM
  4. knopix-installer
    By Vaquero in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-14-2003, 08:40 AM
  5. Knopix needs a VGA mode
    By krell in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2003, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$155.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$298.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$1444.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe picture

OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe

$284.99



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99