Hi, I can't go online with my Knoppix 3.7.
I love the idea of getting away from Windows and very much like the look of Knoppix. Before installing it onto my HD I wanted to try several things with it.
The problem is, I can't even get into the internet and this disillusions me a little bit.
The modem I use is connected via an USB port and seems to be detected when booting from the CD, as the lights of the modem come on and stay on.
After that it seems no more action. When I open Mozilla browser it doesn't work because I'm not online.
When trying to configure the Internet via "knoppix/network/internet/adsl/pppoe" the following message appears three times in the black window "pppoe-discovery: timeout waiting for PADO packets: success"
Than a new window opens and it says "Sorry, I scanned 1 interface(s), but Acess concentrator of your provider
did not respond. Please check your network and modem cables. Another
reason for the scan failure may also be another running pppoe process which controls the modem."
Please help - I'm really in dispair here.
Lupo

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
$799.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00