Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Boot CD finds eth0 yet HD install does not

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    3

    Boot CD finds eth0 yet HD install does not

    Can anyone suggest any other things I can try to get this darned PC to cooperate?

    The boot CD recognizes EVERYTHING just fine. The network card is found and is configured properly. However, after installing to the hard drive, the network card cannot be found.

    I run netcardconfig and it reports that no network card can be found. I run "kudzu -p" and the card is detected as a Realtek card with a 8139too driver.

    I "modprobe 8139too", but nothing seems to happen. The command prompt returns with no inidication of any activity being done.

    Again, when I pop in the CD and boot from that, everything is set up just fine.

    Can anyone suggest how I can get Debian to "see" the card on eth0? Or, at least do some kind of override to indicate that eth0 is available?

    I don't know if it makes a difference, but this PC is an HP Pavilion model.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    3
    Well, I found a few other avenues to try, that have been suggested to others that seem to have had similar issues. I'll give those a try next.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1
    I had the same problem. The eth0 was detected, but the DHCP was not looking for an IP address.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    3
    Don't ask my why, but I went in to the /etc/init.... / modules script and manually editied it as posted elsewhere on the forum. Now, netcardconfig still cannot detect any network card to configure but network access is available none-the-less.

    Synaptic, Mozilla, Konqueror, etc. can all access the web. But, as far as netcardconfig is concerned, there's no network card.

Similar Threads

  1. knx2hd finds only one partition
    By init1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 08:04 PM
  2. Network wont work without dhcpcd eth0, on every boot..
    By e2k in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2004, 11:21 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 01:47 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2003, 05:50 PM
  5. eth0 at boot time?
    By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2002, 02:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99