If you want to use english, don't download the iso ending in .de Instead download the one ending in .en You could still use the German iso in English, but you have to boot with the English cheat code "knoppix lang=us"
Hope that helps.
Adam
I went to a mirror site and only found an iso which is apparently a german one. I am going to download it and go to bed but maybe someone can confirm that it is the one to burn.
Thanks
If you want to use english, don't download the iso ending in .de Instead download the one ending in .en You could still use the German iso in English, but you have to boot with the English cheat code "knoppix lang=us"
Hope that helps.
Adam
Thanks for the fast reply.
I tried another website and found the ' -EN' iso. It didn't seem to be on the U.S. Webtrek site.
So it is zipping over the Atlantic to me at a faster rate than I had any hope of reaching. I have been using a Debian distro but it is a stable version and I want the latest unstable stuff. Looks like this is it for me..... Now to read all the doc's and find out how to do a real HD install.
I'm sure to have problems so we'll meet again.
Cheerio

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01