-
Junior Member
registered user
ped_disk_next error creating partitions ?
I am trying to install a quad boot with Windows ME, 2000, and Fedora. ME and W2K are up, and Knoppix is next, the first thing to go on the second hard disk. It doesn't matter if I make the partiions with W2K, System Commander 7, or qtParted under Knoppix 3.6 or 3.7, but I wind up with variants of the following:
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ sudo knoppix-installer
Disk /dev/hdc doesn't contain a valid partition table
Disk /dev/hda doesn't contain a valid partition table
Disk /dev/hdc doesn't contain a valid partition table
Disk /dev/hda doesn't contain a valid partition table
Disk /dev/hdc doesn't contain a valid partition table
Disk /dev/hda doesn't contain a valid partition table
Error: Unable to open /dev/hdc - unrecognised disk label.
A bug has been detected in GNU parted. Please email a bug report to [email protected] containing the version (1.6.9) and the following message:Assertion (disk != NULL) at ../../libparted/disk.c:1037 in function ped_disk_next_partition() failed.
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$
If I recreate the target disk from scratch in qtParted I also get the "ped_disk_next" error in a pop-up window. Any clue where I am going wrong ?
Thanks,
rcs
-
Junior Member
registered user
BIOS upgrade seems to have solved issue
This was an MSI MS-5169 motherboard that I recently replaced in this machine. The board was a "pull" from a liquidator, and I had neglected to update its BIOS. I flashed from BIOS revision A5169AS6 V1.0 B1 to A5169MS V3.7, and after getting the settings right, it seems to be installing fine.
I am CD booted into 3.7 now, and it is pretty cool to be surfing the web on the same computer you're installing the O/S to.
rcs
Similar Threads
-
By zillah in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 14
Last Post: 01-14-2006, 10:54 PM
-
By pezz453 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-11-2005, 10:07 PM
-
By CrashOver in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-08-2005, 09:00 AM
-
By pankajgadhari in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 11:15 AM
-
By xolstis in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-29-2003, 06:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00