-
Junior Member
registered user
ipw2100 firmware problem on bootup
Recently my wireless connection stopped working. I found a way to manually fix the problem but am hoping somehow knows of a better solution. My story follows.
So my wireless connection stopped working one day when I powered on my laptop. Upon issueing the command 'iwconfig' I noticed the interface eth2 was no longer being displayed. So I looked in the bootup messages with dmesg and found this:
ipw2100: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Driver, 0.56
ipw2100: Copyright(c) 2003-2004 Intel Corporation
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:01:04.0[A] -> GSI 4 (level, low) -> IRQ 4
ipw2100: 0000:01:04.0: Detected at mem: 0xFE8FD000-0xFE8FDFFF -> e03d3000, irq: 4
eth1: Using hotplug firmware load.
ieee1394: Host added: ID:BUS[0-00:1023] GUID[00e01800030ac969]
eth1: Firmware 'ipw2100-1.3.fw' not available or load failed.
eth1: ipw2100_get_firmware failed: -2
eth1: Failed to power on the adapter.
eth1: Failed to start the firmware.
I thought that's weird, I wonder why it would fail all of a sudden, nothing had changed except regular apt-get update stuff. So experimenting I tried 'modprobe -r ipw2100' to remove the module and then 'modprobe ipw2100' to reinstall it. Success!! But still everytime I boot up the firmware fails to load and I have to perform the same modprobe remove and install commands manually. Any ideas?
Similar Threads
-
By Dr.Death in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-23-2006, 05:11 PM
-
By vallejo in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-07-2004, 01:32 PM
-
By vallejo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-07-2004, 01:31 PM
-
By vallejo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 10:12 PM
-
By funtownarcade in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-10-2003, 11:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.
$159.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99