-
Boot CD finds eth0 yet HD install does not
Can anyone suggest any other things I can try to get this darned PC to cooperate?
The boot CD recognizes EVERYTHING just fine. The network card is found and is configured properly. However, after installing to the hard drive, the network card cannot be found.
I run netcardconfig and it reports that no network card can be found. I run "kudzu -p" and the card is detected as a Realtek card with a 8139too driver.
I "modprobe 8139too", but nothing seems to happen. The command prompt returns with no inidication of any activity being done.
Again, when I pop in the CD and boot from that, everything is set up just fine.
Can anyone suggest how I can get Debian to "see" the card on eth0? Or, at least do some kind of override to indicate that eth0 is available?
I don't know if it makes a difference, but this PC is an HP Pavilion model.
Similar Threads
-
By init1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-01-2006, 08:04 PM
-
By e2k in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-23-2004, 11:21 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 01:47 PM
-
By hazenmeek in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2003, 05:50 PM
-
By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-27-2002, 02:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99