-
Junior Member
registered user
No Desktop
I installed Knoppix to my harddrive, but I have no desktop and I can't click anything so, I can't do anything basically
During install I noticed that some files weren't copied, and some of the files had the word "desktop" in them, so I'm thinking I'm screwed
WHat happened?
edit: last night while I was sleeping I installed it from a shell.... I started up knoppix run mode 2, so it was just a shell, no graphics thinking that installing it like that there would be no I/O errors with the desktop files, but that didn't bloody work either
I could login, but when I logged in nothing happened.... it was just the background of what sholud be my beautiful desktop
Similar Threads
-
By jader2toesbumpy in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 07-27-2006, 12:43 AM
-
By UnLISTEDxX in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-20-2006, 03:30 PM
-
By fred0843 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-12-2005, 10:48 PM
-
By jon267 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 09:44 PM
-
By Kevin in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 08-14-2004, 07:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49