-
Does Knoppix support file transfers through a network? L00k&
Hi! I am a new user. I am having some problems with a computer.....so I was told to use Knoppix. The issue is that I cannot get to a desktop of a computer and the only alternative to fixing is reisntalling Windows.
Again, I was told to use Knoppix (I just downloaded version 3.7 and put the Image on a CD) so I could get to the desktop of this PC and access the files.
I know Knoppix allows for Internet access, but does Knoppix allow for sending files over a network to another computer that is on the same router?
There are some important files on this computer that cannot be lost. Although I wasn't planning on doing a drive format to install Windows XP again I wanted to be safer and backup these files on another computer.
The only way I could do it would be over the network since I don't have any USB drives.......and I really can't take out the harddrive and attach it to the laptop because a laptop isn't made the same as a desktop (in terms of the "guts")
So please let me know. If for some reason Knoppix does not allow for file transfers through a network, is there some other alternative to back up these files?
Lastly, I just thought of this alternative, does Knoppix have it's own CD burner? I suppose I could burn the files onto multiple CD's for backups if I couldn't use the network to transfer the files.......
Thank you and have a great week!
Similar Threads
-
By bdn103 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-07-2007, 02:56 PM
-
By jason_pine in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-02-2005, 04:21 PM
-
By ruymbeke in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 10:05 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-25-2003, 04:04 PM
-
By LinuxDistros.CJB.NET in forum Networking
Replies: 19
Last Post: 06-10-2003, 12:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00