Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Impressed!! I'll Say!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2

    Impressed!! I'll Say!!

    Just downloaded Knoppix and I'm really impressed.

    The thing that struck me the most is that the hardware detection got all my stuff right including my netcard/cable connection without me having to do anything at all.

    Just a little gripe, How do I get Knoppix to remember what I put in at the boot line?

    Mine has to have a few parameters to get X working properly though.

    Keep up the good work!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5

    Re: Impressed!! I'll Say!!

    Quote Originally Posted by martinjh99
    Just downloaded Knoppix and I'm really impressed.

    The thing that struck me the most is that the hardware detection got all my stuff right including my netcard/cable connection without me having to do anything at all.

    Just a little gripe, How do I get Knoppix to remember what I put in at the boot line?

    Mine has to have a few parameters to get X working properly though.

    Keep up the good work!
    What parameters did you use to get X working? I have been having trouble with that...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2
    knoppix fb1024x768 xserver=XFree86 xmodule=fbdev screen=1024x768

    Something like that - Not sure off hand wether that was the correct one!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by martinjh99
    knoppix fb1024x768 xserver=XFree86 xmodule=fbdev screen=1024x768

    Something like that - Not sure off hand wether that was the correct one!
    Thanks. I'll have to try that.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2
    Yeah, I just love the hardware detection... amazing all right without me having to do anything

Similar Threads

  1. Flonix, i'm impressed
    By doudou in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-12-2004, 06:53 PM
  2. Running Knoppix from CD, very impressed!
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 04:05 AM
  3. I was really impressed.
    By turbine in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 09:31 PM
  4. I am impressed!!!
    By iconfly in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 08:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare picture

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare

$380.00



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



WICO Computer Command Apple II Analog Joystick Adaptor NOS 72-4525 picture

WICO Computer Command Apple II Analog Joystick Adaptor NOS 72-4525

$59.99



VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A picture

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A

$22.67



Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller picture

Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller

$499.99