-
Impressed!! I'll Say!!
Just downloaded Knoppix and I'm really impressed.
The thing that struck me the most is that the hardware detection got all my stuff right including my netcard/cable connection without me having to do anything at all.
Just a little gripe, How do I get Knoppix to remember what I put in at the boot line?
Mine has to have a few parameters to get X working properly though.
Keep up the good work!
-
Re: Impressed!! I'll Say!!

Originally Posted by
martinjh99
Just downloaded Knoppix and I'm really impressed.
The thing that struck me the most is that the hardware detection got all my stuff right including my netcard/cable connection without me having to do anything at all.
Just a little gripe, How do I get Knoppix to remember what I put in at the boot line?
Mine has to have a few parameters to get X working properly though.
Keep up the good work!
What parameters did you use to get X working? I have been having trouble with that...
-
knoppix fb1024x768 xserver=XFree86 xmodule=fbdev screen=1024x768
Something like that - Not sure off hand wether that was the correct one!
-

Originally Posted by
martinjh99
knoppix fb1024x768 xserver=XFree86 xmodule=fbdev screen=1024x768
Something like that - Not sure off hand wether that was the correct one!
Thanks.
I'll have to try that.
-
Yeah, I just love the hardware detection... amazing all right without me having to do anything
Similar Threads
-
By doudou in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 19
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 06:53 PM
-
By spydie in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 04:05 AM
-
By turbine in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 09:31 PM
-
By iconfly in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2003, 08:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$49.99