So your home partition wasn't on the usb-key when you created the text file?
Try it again and remember to type "knoppix home=scan" or "knoppix home=/dev/sda1" (if you have no other scsi devices) at the boot prompt first.
I tried to create a persistent home directory on a USB-key under Knoppix 3.7. I used the the button ( script) Knoppix > Configure > Create a persistent KNOPPIX Home directory. After that I check the contains of the USB-key. I have a new file on it it seem to be a knoppix.img. I decide to test the persistent home directory by creating a text file in the home directory and I reboot the machine. At the boot prompt I type this "knoppix home=scan". After the boot my text file is not in the home directory but the knoppix.img is already on my USB-key.
What is the problem?
Thank you
So your home partition wasn't on the usb-key when you created the text file?
Try it again and remember to type "knoppix home=scan" or "knoppix home=/dev/sda1" (if you have no other scsi devices) at the boot prompt first.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
YEALINK T34W PHONE & 2 MONTHS OF PHONE SERVICE
$65.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco CP-8851-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone MPP Multiplatform VoIP 4 New Open Box
$74.99
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00