-
Bittorrent server
If anyone is into the bittorrent downloading, you may have notice that suprnova.org is down. I wanted to start a project on bittorrent, and I want to setup a bittorrent server on Debian. If any of you know how to do this please post your help for me and others like me who may want bittorrent to continue for a long time.
-
Senior Member
registered user
First this probably belongs in the The Lounge because it offtopic.
I don't understand what you are trying to do?.
1.) Do you want to host or share a torrent file on Debian?
Brian's BitTorrent FAQ and Guide: How do I create a new torrent (share a file I have with others)? http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/56.html
2.) Do you want to create a mega torrent tracker website like lokitorrent or suprnova?
Sure go ahead & setup a site that tracks & makes copyright infringement easier. Also plan on getting sued by the movies industry. Also note that bittorent contains no encryption or anonymity features which makes it quite easy to figure out who is supplying & downloading infringed materials. Lokitorrent has raised over $37,000 USD for their legal fees. Unless you have deep pockets full of cash and think you have a chance of survival, why bother. Now if you want to setup a site to track non-infringed, freely legal & distributable torrents then I'm OK with that. You will need a webhost, some kind of CMS (content management system, Mambo is a nice CMS) and some scripting & programming "glue" to pull it all together. For some examples see The Linux Mirror Project http://www.tlm-project.org and Living Torrents http://www.livingtorrents.com/.
3.) Do you want to seed Knoppix/Debian ISOs, let other people dl from you, so people have a easier chance of getting Knoppix/Debian?
Brian's BitTorrent FAQ and Guide: What is seeding? How do I do it? Why should I leave the client open after it finishes downloading? http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/33.html
I hope this helps.
James
Similar Threads
-
By entropy in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-24-2005, 08:15 AM
-
By emmbec in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 05:19 AM
-
By Level7 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 10:26 AM
-
By obsoleto in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 10:54 PM
-
By nmella in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 06:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CMK32GX4M2E3200C16
$160.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Micron 32GB MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2E7 RAM 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA ECC REG Memory
$249.99

128gb DDR4 Ram Hpyerx HX430C15PB3K8/128 16x8 3000 MHZ CL15 Tested Read DESC
$300.00

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Team Group Team Elite DDR3-1600 DIMM 16GB (2x8GB) 240-Pin Desktop RAM
$35.00