Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Help configouring Lan Router

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5

    Help configouring Lan Router

    Hi,
    I'm on a lan network and my pc can connect to internet by an adsl router which is connected whith 2 other pc.
    Now the problem is that I can configure may netcard from windows, but I can do it from linux knoppix.

    PS
    I try to lanch for the terminal netcardconfig (logging as root) and I try several combionationes, but it does'nt work.
    So this is my windows netcard configuration:

    1)Ip: 192.168.2.4
    2)Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    3)Gateway: 192.168.2.1
    4)Primary dns: 159.99.125.2
    5)Secondary dns: 159.99.125.3

    And this is the parameters request from knoppix:

    1)Ip address for eth0
    2)Network mask for eth0
    3)Broadcast for eth0
    4)Default gateway
    5)Nameserver

    Can someone says the exactly corrispondence Windows Knoppix?
    ... sorry, I'm a newbie.....
    By

    Francy

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    42

    Re: Help configouring Lan Router

    1)Ip address for eth0 -> 1)Ip: 192.168.2.4
    2)Network mask for eth0 -> 2)Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    3)Broadcast for eth0 -> probably 192.168.2.255
    4)Default gateway -> 3)Gateway: 192.168.2.1
    5)Nameserver -> 159.99.125.2 and 159.99.125.3

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5
    Thanks very much for the council,
    I try that, but it does'nt work anyway.
    Now I can connect to the router if I digitize 198.161.2.1 in the browser and the router configuration pannel appear to me (I thinks it means that my netcard is well recognized and work propertly), but if i digitize any oder addres in the browser address bar, the answer is that there was an error and I can't connect .
    What can it be?
    How can I resolve this problem?
    By

    francy

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    london town
    Posts
    220
    my set up is this
    Code:
    ip = 192.168.1.3
    subnet = 255.255.255.0
    broadcast adress = 192.168.1.255
    default gateway = 192.168.1.1
    primary dns = 192.168.1.1
    i leave my primary dns as the routers ip because the router has a built in dns server which will do all the dns look ups for me.

    i suggest you do ipconfig in windows while you are connected to the net and copy that exact set up for linux. hope this helps

    i forgot to add. you might want to scan your router using nmap -sU -v 192.168.2.1 -p 53 if it says its open then thats your dns server you should get away with just using that.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5
    You was right,
    I resolved the problem.
    thanks very much!!!!!

    Francy

Similar Threads

  1. Forwarding to router
    By IMehler in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 03:39 PM
  2. router/modem
    By ar in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 07:51 AM
  3. What's so special about a router?
    By sn0wflake in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-19-2004, 03:26 PM
  4. Anyone use a router?
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Networking
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 03:55 PM
  5. Router
    By pnti in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 05:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SKHynix, Micron, Kingston, ADATA Samsung 16GB PC4-3200AA Laptop Memory picture

SKHynix, Micron, Kingston, ADATA Samsung 16GB PC4-3200AA Laptop Memory

$1320.00



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON picture

Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON

$149.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 PC4-2133P M393A4K40BB0-CPB4Q ECC Server Memory Module picture

Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 PC4-2133P M393A4K40BB0-CPB4Q ECC Server Memory Module

$150.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98