-
encryption of subdirectory
Hi,
I would like to find an Knoppix app which would allow me to encrypt an subdirectory, preferably with the "regular" Knoppix or, alternatively, with Knoppix-STD. I would prefer a CLI app which would allow me to decrypt before storing data and reincrypt when I am done working. A one-way key would be ideal.
Could anyone point me to such an application?
Many thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
kpgp Might be what your looking for.
(I think thats the name)
-
Senior Member
registered user
For truly security minded installation, I would suggest :
1. use cryptoloop or dm-crypt on top of a block device that is for private stuff
2. the same as (1) for swap device
3. mount /tmp to tmpfs
4. use the secured swap device for swap
5. mount a secured block device for private stuff(can even put the whole /home)
Then, it would be very much secure as one doesn't need to worry about encrypt/decrypt any more for intermediate process, just do it once on boot up.
Of course, make sure no one insert some trojan(like key logger etc. which will render any security measure defendless) into your system.
-

Originally Posted by
firebyrd10
kpgp Might be what your looking for.
(I think thats the name)
it does not seem to come with Knoppix (at least it is not mentioned in "Knoppix Hacks"). nor did I find it on the Knoppix-STD webiste (see http://www.knoppix-std.org/tools.html).
Where do I find it?
Thanks!
-
Junior Member
registered user
cryptoloop
Am I am right, that the cryptoloop device was in an older knoppix (3.3?), but not any more (since 3.4?)?
BTW: To have extra security against keylogger, you can copy/paste single characters from existing text. This is, what I always do in public internet shops.
Similar Threads
-
By Freitag in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2007, 07:23 PM
-
By tdk in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-12-2004, 12:50 AM
-
By HomerCube in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 08:12 AM
-
By BtL in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 05:22 AM
-
By CapnKirk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99