i would suggest going to the manufacturers website and download whatever new drivers there are for your card, they should have a linux link for drivers [but im going off ATI's site, so who knows]
hey!
I am completely new to linux, and am having problems running games on knoppix.. I installed UT2004 and ET succesfully, but when I go to play them, either the splash screen comes up (for ut2004) then dissapears, or ET will go to a black screen like it's loading, but then go back to the desktop where my resolutions have been changed to a very low setting. To test if other games would work, I went to the standard games that come with knoppix, and NONE of them workI think there's a problem with my graphics card maybe (Geforce FX 5200 PCI), but I've been reading around and people say Knoppix should automatically detect my hardware settings. If you guys have any advice, please tell me how to fix this problem!! I am new to knoppix, so please try to keep instructions simple :-p thanks guys!
i would suggest going to the manufacturers website and download whatever new drivers there are for your card, they should have a linux link for drivers [but im going off ATI's site, so who knows]
There are pretty good linux drivers for nvidia cards. I wil give a short explanation for you:
1) Download the driver from http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux.html
2) switch to console mode (Ctrl+Alt+F1) and login as root
3) type init 3 (this will shutdown the X-Server)
4) now type 'sh NVIDIA-whatever.sh' (make sure you are in the right directory); Installation should be pretty easy.
5) to use the nvidia driver you have to change some lines in your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. Go to the "Device" Section and change 'nv' to 'nvidia' - I'm not sure if you have to change something else.
6) now type 'modprobe nvidia' and 'init 5' and see if it works
There is also a good Documentaion at nvidia.com: ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Li...629/README.txt
To load the module at every startup you will have to add a line to /etc/modules.conf (or modprobe.conf for 2.6. kernel). But this is explained in the Readme file.

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
$799.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00