Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Hyper-Sensitive Touchpad

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    78

    Hyper-Sensitive Touchpad

    Hey

    Tapping seems to work fine with Knoppix 3.7 but the only problem is that its way to sensative when tapping and just flys around when even lightly brushed. I tried ksynaptics and a few other means of configuring it and also KDE Control center and all the adjustments I make have no effect. I've even diabled it and it said it was disabled and yet everything continued to work fine. Does anyone know of another way of adjusting sensitivity? It seems that it just ignores any programs attempets at adjusting it.

    I'm using a Compaq Presario 2190US and its a Synaptic touchpad

    Thanks!
    Jameson

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Have you tried adding options to XF86Config-4 and adjusting them?
    I don't use one but a quick google gives something like:

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "SynapticsMouse1"
    Driver "synaptics"
    Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "MaxSpeed" "0.12"
    Option "MinSpeed" "0.06"
    Option "BottomEdge" "4200"
    Option "SHMConfig" "on"
    Option "LeftEdge" "1700"
    Option "FingerLow" "25"
    Option "MaxTapTime" "180"
    Option "MaxTapMove" "220"
    Option "FingerHigh" "30"
    Option "VertScrollDelta" "100"
    Option "TopEdge" "1700"
    Option "RightEdge" "5300"
    Option "AccelFactor" "0.0010"
    EndSection

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3

    Yeah

    ....what Markus said, also though I think you can adjust these, or the lower level parameters anyway, from the "KDE Control Center":

    but you may need to resort to Markus' editing advice

    http://freebooks.by.ru/view/RedHatLi...htm#Heading120



    Insomnia...

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    78
    Thanks for the replies!

    I looked in XF86Config-4 and it didn't have any of the options you suggested I adjusted, nor did any other files in that directory...

    I also checked the KDE control panel and though it allows me to adjuest all the settings it doesnt have any effect on the touchpad, as I said earlier I completely disabled tapping and it still worked..

    Any other suggestions? I feel like I've got some sort of phantom touchpad.

    -Jameson

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Actually I meant that you could add some options to XF86Config-4 if you didn't have any.
    Try a google on the options, bound to find some useful confs.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3
    Hmmmmm,

    So, if after you made these changes, would you possibly have to reexamine the XF86Config-4 file to have it take affect perhaps, seeing as how we're using Knoppix and you can't simply restart the X-server to "re-initialize" the config file? Just a thought...

Similar Threads

  1. Touchpad extremely sensitive and will not click drag
    By Capt. Cautious in forum Laptops
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-07-2005, 09:05 PM
  2. Hyper Threading machine HDD install
    By swazi in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 02:06 PM
  3. Jerking Touchpad
    By Tim_Neobard in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 03:53 PM
  4. touchpad No work
    By clubalien.com in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2003, 12:52 AM
  5. HYPER Pen 6000 (Serial)
    By Doc in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2003, 12:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested* picture

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*

$32.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99