-
Hyper-Sensitive Touchpad
Hey
Tapping seems to work fine with Knoppix 3.7 but the only problem is that its way to sensative when tapping and just flys around when even lightly brushed. I tried ksynaptics and a few other means of configuring it and also KDE Control center and all the adjustments I make have no effect. I've even diabled it and it said it was disabled and yet everything continued to work fine. Does anyone know of another way of adjusting sensitivity? It seems that it just ignores any programs attempets at adjusting it.
I'm using a Compaq Presario 2190US and its a Synaptic touchpad
Thanks!
Jameson
-
Have you tried adding options to XF86Config-4 and adjusting them?
I don't use one but a quick google gives something like:
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "SynapticsMouse1"
Driver "synaptics"
Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "MaxSpeed" "0.12"
Option "MinSpeed" "0.06"
Option "BottomEdge" "4200"
Option "SHMConfig" "on"
Option "LeftEdge" "1700"
Option "FingerLow" "25"
Option "MaxTapTime" "180"
Option "MaxTapMove" "220"
Option "FingerHigh" "30"
Option "VertScrollDelta" "100"
Option "TopEdge" "1700"
Option "RightEdge" "5300"
Option "AccelFactor" "0.0010"
EndSection
-
Yeah
....what Markus said, also though I think you can adjust these, or the lower level parameters anyway, from the "KDE Control Center":
but you may need to resort to Markus' editing advice
http://freebooks.by.ru/view/RedHatLi...htm#Heading120
Insomnia...
-
Thanks for the replies!
I looked in XF86Config-4 and it didn't have any of the options you suggested I adjusted, nor did any other files in that directory...
I also checked the KDE control panel and though it allows me to adjuest all the settings it doesnt have any effect on the touchpad, as I said earlier I completely disabled tapping and it still worked..
Any other suggestions? I feel like I've got some sort of phantom touchpad.
-Jameson
-
Actually I meant that you could add some options to XF86Config-4 if you didn't have any.
Try a google on the options, bound to find some useful confs.
-
Hmmmmm,
So, if after you made these changes, would you possibly have to reexamine the XF86Config-4 file to have it take affect perhaps, seeing as how we're using Knoppix and you can't simply restart the X-server to "re-initialize" the config file? Just a thought...
Similar Threads
-
By Capt. Cautious in forum Laptops
Replies: 15
Last Post: 09-07-2005, 09:05 PM
-
By swazi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 02:06 PM
-
By Tim_Neobard in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 03:53 PM
-
By clubalien.com in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-18-2003, 12:52 AM
-
By Doc in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-12-2003, 12:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00