Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: install HDD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1

    install HDD

    pc laptop toshiba satellite hdd 30Go proc celeron mobile ram 256 mo 2 windows partitions win XP 11Go unused
    not knowing much in system I've trying with the help of a book knoppix 3.3 to install knoppix 3.7
    first I used "cfkisk" to partition the 11Go spare space 1 swap 1 part for system and 1 part for home
    after that I have edited file .knoppix to add my partition /home which had been formatted
    instal had gone smartly pc rebooted and tried to start kde session that's where problems started

    err mess (partly in french sorry I'm a froggy) :
    un probleme est survenu pendant l'etablissement des communications inter-processus pour Kde. Le message renvoye par le systeme est :

    //.DCOPserver_montosh_0

    Veuillez verifier que le programme "dcopserver" fonctionne clic on "ok", new message

    la configuration ne sera pas enregistree, impossible d'ecrire dans le fichier de configuration
    //.KDE/share/config/kwinrc
    impossible d'ecrire dans le fichier de configuration
    //.kde/share/config/kdeglobals

    if I log as root it'ok

    i try to reinstall whithout any modifications just using qtpart for creating partitions I had the same problem

    what can I do

    thks for ur help

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: install HDD

    Quote Originally Posted by legascon
    ....
    after that I have edited file .knoppix to add my partition /home which had been formatted...
    I don't understand this part? What exactly did you edit? I think to add a separate /home partition you must edit the file /etc/fstab.

    Try the install without using the separate /home partition & see if it goes OK.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6 picture

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6

$210.00



qty 50 Memory Module DDR3 SODIMM 4GB Module 1.6Ghz Silicon Power SDRAM picture

qty 50 Memory Module DDR3 SODIMM 4GB Module 1.6Ghz Silicon Power SDRAM

$80.00



LOT OF 2  Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-EE1-11 P/N: MTA18ASF2G72AZ-2G6D1ZG picture

LOT OF 2 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-EE1-11 P/N: MTA18ASF2G72AZ-2G6D1ZG

$199.95



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Lot of 8 A2ZEON 8GB DDR4-2133 RDIMM ECC 1Rx4 Server Memory RD4R8G44S2133 picture

Lot of 8 A2ZEON 8GB DDR4-2133 RDIMM ECC 1Rx4 Server Memory RD4R8G44S2133

$529.99



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM picture

Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM

$74.50