-
Junior Member
registered user
ok, we have problems now....
- I try to edit lilo.conf when booted to the HD, and it brings up a blank document....
- I open it up while booted off the cd, it opens, but i cant make any changes, says I dont have write access or disk is full
- I'm doing all this while logged in as root.....
any ideas?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
gamezealot
ok, we have problems now....
- I try to edit lilo.conf when booted to the HD, and it brings up a blank document....
- I open it up while booted off the cd, it opens, but i cant make any changes, says I dont have write access or disk is full
- I'm doing all this while logged in as root.....
any ideas?
Browse to /etc with konqueror & see if there is a lilo.conf~ file, it is your backup file from the last edit. If not, copy the /etc/lilo.conf from the CD & edit it to what you had as close as you can.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Got it.... boots into either windows or linux..... thanks for all the help guys
Similar Threads
-
By rniles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-19-2004, 09:05 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By Rib in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:43 PM
-
By 5y573m f41lur3 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 12:04 AM
-
By coreymon77 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 20
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00