Knoppix 3.2 has the "info center' not sure if it's in 3.1 off hand.
Kmenu>system>infocenter.
Is there any program in knoppix or available elsewhere (preferaly through apt-get) that does what the device manager in Windows does? i.e. I want something that can list all the hardware of all types that the OS detects as being conected with basic info about each and sortable by category. THere MUST be sucha n app. It seems too obvious to not exist, but I'd appreciate it if somebody would point me inthe right direction.
Knoppix 3.2 has the "info center' not sure if it's in 3.1 off hand.
Kmenu>system>infocenter.
Nope, doesn't look like it's there. I don't suppose it's available via apt-get? If so, what is the name? I tried apt-get install infocenter but that didn't work.
It looks like it is part of the KDE package so it should be installed if it is not in the menu try running the command kinfocenter.
command not foundOriginally Posted by Stephen
It appears that kinfocenter has just been separated from control center, in KDE 3.0 go to control center and then information and you'll get the system information. I don't think it's the same as the device manager in windows though, but it may help you with what you need.
rock
Yeah, I found that. THe problem is that it has nothing to do with your hardware. If you tell you computer there's a knlingon bird of prey flying around in you case, that program would believe it. I was hoping for something that actualy scanned what is realy there and where it realy is.

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
Lot of 4 - Kingston 1GB PC2-5300F DDR2 667MHz ECC Server RAM KVR667D2S8F5/1G
$59.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Lot of 14 - 16GB DDR4 Memory PC4-3200 SODIMM Laptop RAM 3200MHz (MIX BRAND)
$900.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50