well im Pretty suure it needs to be atlleast 2.5G to hold knoppix
Hello,
I have a knoppix 3.4 cd and an old computer with a 2 gigabtyte harddisk.
A normal installation of knoppix isn`t possible with this so i tried a "poor man installation".
I formatted my harddisk this way:
hda1:1 GB linux ext2
hda2:0.5 GB linux swap
hda5:0.5 GB linux ext2
Now I tried to copy an image of the knoppix cd to /dev/hda1 with the tohd=/dev/hda1 command.
After a while i`ve got this error message:
/bin/cp: writing "cdrom 2/knoppix/knoppix:input/output error cloop: unloaded
Does anyone know what the problem is and how I could do better?
well im Pretty suure it needs to be atlleast 2.5G to hold knoppix
Maybe you mean a knoppix-installer style install, because the "tohd=" has never required more thatn 900Mb in my experience. It is, after all, writing only the compressed image from the CD.Originally Posted by le91688
Sounds like the original poster is having a hardware I/O problem -- my first instinct would be to think the CD wasn't burned properly. One time I burned the iso to a RW disk isntead of R, and it sort of resembled a working disk... but didn't really work! Maybe the iso was corrupted in the download.
I don't think that's the case. My CD isn't burned, it's from a german computer magazine.
My problem is that I really can't afford a download of 700 MB.
If anyome has a solution I would be very grateful.

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96