-
Junior Member
registered user
Partition Filesystem
I was wondering if I can partition 1 hard drive into two partitions. Here's the catch though... can I make one partition NTFS and the other VFAT? The reason I ask is because I want to create a dual boot without having to reformat my drive (I'm currently running Windows XP Pro with NTFS filesystem. ). Also how much space should I reserve for Knoppix? for Fedora?
I ask because I'm not sure if I should install Knoppix to HDD or Fedora. Any suggestions?
Thanks for any help.
Similar Threads
-
By jwg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-25-2007, 03:34 PM
-
By bono in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-08-2005, 08:10 AM
-
By Victis in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 12:55 PM
-
By rex in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 04:17 AM
-
By WANDr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-12-2003, 11:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.21

Asus ROG Zephyrus M15 GU502L Republic of Games Gaming Laptop - 78% Battery
$545.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB,Internal,7200 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive
$29.90

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99

ADATA SD810 1TB External SSD USB 3.2 Gen2x2 2000MB/s New Sealed **FREE SHIPPING
$109.95

Samsung PM9A1 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Internal SSD OPAL MZ-VL21T00 1TB
$99.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$465.98

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD
$444.99