On my machine, I had window XP. I would like to load Linux. Hence I have deleted /dev/hda1 on which Window XP was there.
by using cfdisk/fdisk command. Now I have whole HD empty.
Then I start knx2hd command which will load knoppix on harddisk. I click on partitioning HD. It shows the error message that "It can not write to harddisk". And I can not do the partitiong though knx2hd.
Then I quit the knx2hd. and at root console I do the HD partition by running cfdisk/fdisk command. After partitioning I do initialise swap by running mkswap -f /dev/hda5.
After that I again start knx2hd. Now I can move to installation stage. I choose the Beginner level (Multi user) option.
I click on Installation. IT flags off another ERROR: with ext3 file system. And I could not load knoppix.![]()
![]()
But when I use mke2fs -c -j /dev/hda1 on root console, it does not show up any problem.
I have tried to find out manual on knx2hd. But i have not found any.
Could anyone please help me out.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$166.49
HP EliteBook 850 G6 15.6" Core i5-8265U 1.60GHz 8GB RAM AMD Lexa GPU PWR Adapter
$120.00
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99
HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box
$299.00