Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Older versons of Knoppix

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2

    Older versons of Knoppix

    Where I can find an older version of Knoppix?

    I need Knoppix 3.3 but I can`t find it for download.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Heres how I found a place for you to get it.
    First I went to a Knoppix mirror http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix_cd/. I noticed they had a directory called md5-old which contains all the old MD5 checksum files http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix_cd/md5-old/. Those MD5 files contain the name of the Knoppix ISO in its filename, for example: http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix_cd/md...-16-EN.iso.md5. So I copied the name of the ISO file KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN.iso and I dumped that right into google http://www.google.com/search?q=KNOPP...4-02-16-EN.iso. The first item in google's list was the one I choose and it does in fact contain a ISO image of Knoppix 3.3 2004-02-16.
    Enjoy.
    http://ftp.surfnet.nl/knoppix/

    -edit-
    I downloaded KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN.iso from that link & verified the MD5 from a different server and the ISO file is legit.
    Enjoy.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2
    Thanks!!!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nesna, Nordland, Norway
    Posts
    5

    knoppix older then 3,1

    is it any places i can download a older version of knoppix then 3,1

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1
    Isn't anyone keeping an archive of the old versions of knoppix?

    For me, googling for specific old versions seems to just bring up innumerable old-md5 references.
    E.g., it doesn't seem to find any copies of KNOPPIX_V3.1-31-10-2002-EN.iso at all.
    There's a knoppix 3.3 here: http://www.neei.uevora.pt/pub/ISOs/knoppix/
    But I've not found any site that is keeping a collection of Knoppix releases.

    -Dave

    you may email me at dave330 at burtonsys dot com, but please, no spam

Similar Threads

  1. Older Knoppix
    By jlspencer in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 10:43 PM
  2. Archive of older knoppix versions
    By ilecx in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 04:40 AM
  3. Where to download older version of knoppix
    By play1962 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 04:35 AM
  4. older versionsd of knoppix/kanotix
    By fingers99 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 09:08 AM
  5. klik on older knoppix versions
    By redss in forum Klik
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 08:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$229.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 14are05 14

Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 14are05 14" Ryzen 7 4700U 2.0GHz 8GB RAM 256GB

$175.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...

$349.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$261.99



Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader

$571.00



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro

$339.00