I have exactly the same problem on my Acer TravelMate 240, and I'd really appreciate any suggestions.
Kind regards,
Dmitri
Hi,
I would like to use apm services, but when i type apm --standby I get response:
No APM support in kernel,
I use Dell Latitiude CPx
does anybody know, where's the problem???
thanks
Jiri Husak
I have exactly the same problem on my Acer TravelMate 240, and I'd really appreciate any suggestions.
Kind regards,
Dmitri
Jiri:
Try booting with the option
acpi=off
Check dmesg to see that ACPI is indeed turned off
and that the bios supports APM (my Dell CPi-400GT does)
Hope it helps
Paul Eggermont

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99