-
Senior Member
registered user
Try This
What you want to do is what I accidentally did.
I wanted to remove some programs as my partition was 96% full. I thought some the development software would be good as I would never use that.
I did: apt-get remove python --purge
It did not remove python but did remove a lot of other packages including KDE. If I had been paying more attention I would have noticed what was happening.
It's currently down to a bare bone OS. Is that what you want? I don't even have a way to get on the internet now. I can load the GUI XDM from the command line after it boots as a pure Debian installation. Arrrgh!!!
I had made a backup to an image file last week. Now I have to see if I can restore this thing.
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By ktheking in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-29-2005, 05:44 PM
-
By kipi25 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-18-2005, 06:08 AM
-
By florin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-07-2005, 02:11 AM
-
By bob58 in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 08:34 PM
-
By thomasberi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000W Portable IBM PC-Compatible Computer
$275.00

Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E
$139.99

Vintage Iwill XA100 Plus Super Socket 7 Motherboard + K6-III 450 + 896mb READ
$179.99

RARE-Vintage Emachines Monster 500A-Pentium III-256MB Ram 4.3GB HDD No OS *READ*
$299.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh Classic II Computer M4159 FULLY Recapped + BlueSCSI
$300.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51 CD SEALED
$145.00

VINTAGE Silicon Graphics SGI IRIS Indigo R3000 CMNB003 New Battery No Hard Drive
$999.99

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99

VINTAGE Custom Built Desktop-AMD [email protected] 8GB RAM 80GB HDD NO OS-READ
$160.00