Quote Originally Posted by Syn
.... does anyone know anything about 3.7? if so dan you drop a link on where to get it? all the sorces i find are bittourents with like 100 people waiting to get it. perhaps a mirror sorce? .....
I don't know if you'll like 3.7 better than 3.6 or not. There are a few of the mirrors with 3.7, I don't recall which ones, you'll just have to check them until you find one if you decide to go that way. But having 100 people trying to get it with Bittorrent is a good thing, at least as long as you are sharring and uploading as well as downloading and not leaching (if you have a hardware firewall/router forward the bittorrent ports to your nittorrent system or define bittorrent as an appliication with trigger ports that will forward the bittorrent range to a computer when it sees an outgoing trigger packet with a bittorrent port number). Allow the bittorrent pckets to pass through any software firewall that you run also (including ones that originate from the Internet). If you are leaching Bittorrent detects this and slows down to a crawl. You can still get the file, but non-leachers have priority. The nice thing about Bittorrent is that everyone can upload as well as download, so bandwidth increases as more people use it. I got my last Bittorrent download of Knoppix (3.7) much faster than any of my previous Knoppix downloads. Also, Bittorrent downloads do not suffer fron the same new line to CR/LF translation problem that some mirror sites have, and it checks the file against corruption. So you are very unlikely to get a bad bittorrent download. I would estimate that as much as 50% of my downloads from mirror sites have been corrupt and I had to download the files again.