I'm just intrigued how you ended up without user in your /mnt/app entries in fstab. users should always be used (otherwise you need to be root to mount cmg files and hence run them)..Originally Posted by lilsirecho
Changing fstab to ...users in /mnt/app entries...enables single click in archlinuxOS to enable multiple .cmg files to run simultaneously.
================================================== ==========================
Face the opposite way and you still face Mecca.......
I'm just intrigued how you ended up without user in your /mnt/app entries in fstab. users should always be used (otherwise you need to be root to mount cmg files and hence run them)..Originally Posted by lilsirecho
I entered the fstab files as provided by the wget download upon first accessing it.
My comment about mecca applies in this case....
I am sure you will find that users permits the root functions that I reported.
Prior to entering ..users.. instead of user....I was forced to use other techniques to get .cmg running. In fact, the permissions changed to user status and root was ostracized.
Please review your use of the terms to clear up the issue.
I do indeed use ...users..now to enable the root controls both in Knoppix3.7 and in archlinuxOS.
In archlinuxOS I have enabled cramfs in the kernel and use the fstab entries outlined.
I have at times enabled....mkdir /mnt/app... and chmod 777 /mnt/app as outlined in klik documents to obtain performance in the klik .cmg arena.
================================================== =============================
Asking questions may get you knowwhere!
The correct format for fstab should be:
Can you explain what you are changing?Code:/mnt/app/1/image /mnt/app/1 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
The term ....user... following ...auto .... becomes ...users.
================================================== =============================
When is a zero always equal to a one? No anwer yet!
Sorry I just couldn't see it the first time.Originally Posted by lilsirecho
That's interesting, the only difference (according to man mount) is that "user" keeps track (in mtab) of who mounted the filesystem and only allows the same user to umount it, while users allows anyone to umount it.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99