-
Senior Member
registered user
Multiple apps run simultaneously with klik.cmg files
Changing fstab to ...users in /mnt/app entries...enables single click in archlinuxOS to enable multiple .cmg files to run simultaneously.
================================================== ==========================
Face the opposite way and you still face Mecca.......
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Multiple apps run simultaneously with klik.cmg files

Originally Posted by
lilsirecho
Changing fstab to ...users in /mnt/app entries...enables single click in archlinuxOS to enable multiple .cmg files to run simultaneously.
I'm just intrigued how you ended up without user in your /mnt/app entries in fstab. users should always be used (otherwise you need to be root to mount cmg files and hence run them)..
-
Senior Member
registered user
I entered the fstab files as provided by the wget download upon first accessing it.
My comment about mecca applies in this case....
I am sure you will find that users permits the root functions that I reported.
Prior to entering ..users.. instead of user....I was forced to use other techniques to get .cmg running. In fact, the permissions changed to user status and root was ostracized.
Please review your use of the terms to clear up the issue.
I do indeed use ...users..now to enable the root controls both in Knoppix3.7 and in archlinuxOS.
In archlinuxOS I have enabled cramfs in the kernel and use the fstab entries outlined.
I have at times enabled....mkdir /mnt/app... and chmod 777 /mnt/app as outlined in klik documents to obtain performance in the klik .cmg arena.
================================================== =============================
Asking questions may get you knowwhere!
-
Senior Member
registered user
The correct format for fstab should be:
Code:
/mnt/app/1/image /mnt/app/1 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
Can you explain what you are changing?
-
Senior Member
registered user
The term ....user... following ...auto .... becomes ...users.
================================================== =============================
When is a zero always equal to a one? No anwer yet!
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
lilsirecho
The term ....user... following ...auto .... becomes ...users.
Sorry I just couldn't see it the first time.
That's interesting, the only difference (according to man mount) is that "user" keeps track (in mtab) of who mounted the filesystem and only allows the same user to umount it, while users allows anyone to umount it.
Similar Threads
-
By diego-ramirez in forum Klik
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-27-2007, 10:04 AM
-
By dabernathy in forum Klik
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-12-2005, 11:11 AM
-
By turbine in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-14-2005, 08:25 AM
-
By MasterRyu in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 02:26 AM
-
By MichielioZ in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-08-2003, 04:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Datto S3E12000 RACK SERVER 2U 2x Xeon E5-2670 v3 2.30GHz 32GB RAM 2x PSU 14 BAY
$399.95

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08